Hello my dear friends and fellows! Welcome back to my space Dish Of Delight once again!
Soya Mayo Sandwich is a protein packed sandwich, perfect for a healthy breakfast. It is also a healthy and filling lunch box idea for kids. Its also a perfect veg alternative for chicken sandwich. Though made with soya keema, it’s taste quite resembles to that of a chicken sandwich.
So, let’s go through the recipe for making Soya Mayo Sandwich.
The quantity of ingredients mentioned here is sufficient for making 4 sandwiches.
Bread 8 slices (I have used whole wheat bread to keep it healthy. You can use sandwich bread.)
Soya chunks 1 cup
Onion 1 medium, chopped
Tomato 1 medium, chopped
Ginger ½” piece, finely chopped
Garlic 3 to 4 cloves, finely chopped or minced
Green chilies 2, chopped
Black pepper powder ½ tsp
Mayonnaise 2 tbsp
Cheese slice 4 (optional)
Salt as per your taste
Butter 1+1 tbsp
- Boil 2 cups of water with ½ a tsp of salt. Add the soya chunks to the boiling water and stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove the soya chunks from the boiling water and rinse these thoroughly with cold water. Then squeeze out the excess water from the soya chunks and keep them aside
- Now, grind the soya chunks to make soya keema. But do not grind them to a paste. Grind them with small pulses and keep aside
- Set a non stick pan at medium high heat and add oil, once the pan gets heated.
- Add the chopped ginger garlic and saute for few seconds
- Then, add the chopped green chili and saute for few seconds.
- Add chopped onion and saute until it becomes translucent
- Then, add the chopped tomatoes and stir and cook for about a minute
- Add salt and black pepper powder and stir and mix well
- Now, add the soya keema and stir and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes and switch off the heat
- Transfer the soya keema mixture to a mixing bowl and add the mayonnaise into it and mix well.
- Now, place a slice of bread on a plane surface and add enough soya keema mixture on top of the bread.
- Top the soya mixture with a cheese slice and place a bread slice on top of it. You can avoid cheese if you want to keep it light.
- Now, spread a little butter on top of the sandwich and then place it on a pre heated sandwich grill or toast it on a pan
- Prepare all the sandwiches in the same way and serve hot.