Hello my dear friends and fellows! Welcome back to my space Dish Of Delight once again!
Today I am sharing the recipe of Tandoori chicken kebab. Kebabs are all time favourite of many people which are especially served as a starter. I have made this kebab using tandoori masala which I have prepared at home. I will share the recipe of tandoori masala in my later posts. You can also use store bought readymade tandoori masala to prepare these kebabs.
Lets start with the recipe to make Tandoori Chicken Kebab.
Chicken breast 500 gm cut into cubes
Curd 2 + ½ tbsp
Lemon juice 1 tbsp
Tandoori masala 1 tbsp
Kashmiri red chili powder ½ tbsp
Black pepper powder 2 tsp
Chat masala 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Garlic crushed ½ tbsp
Ginger paste 1 tsp
Onion 2 cut into wedges and leaves separated
Capsicum seeded and diced about 1 cup
Skewers 6 to 8 or as per need
Sunflower oil enough for oil brushing
- Clean wash the chicken pieces and pat dry with kitchen towel.
- In a mixing bowl, take curd, tandoori masala, chili powder, black pepper powder, chat masala, ginger paste, crushed garlic and salt and mix all the ingredients well
- Then, add lemon juice and again mix.
- Add the chicken pieces to the spice mixture and rub and coat the pieces well with the spices. Cover and rest the marinated chicken in the freezer for about 4 to 6 hours
- Once resting time is over, add the capsicum and half of the onion to the marinated chicken and mix well with the spices
- Now, take a skewer, pierce one chicken piece followed by a capsicum piece followed by an onion leaf and again repeat the pattern. The skewer should have 1” free space from both end and the first and the last should be chicken pieces
- This way, prepare all the skewers and keep ready
- Now place a grill pan at medium high flames and oil brush the pan.
- Place the remaining onion leaves one by one on the pan to make one layer and again oil brush the onion leaves
- Now, oil brush the prepared skewers and place these on top of the onion layer
- Grill it by turning the skewers at regular interval.
- Once done plate the kebabs on a warm plate and serve it hot along with green chutney.
- Enjoy tandoori chicken kebab with family and friends.