Hello my dear friends and fellows! Welcome back to my space Dish Of Delight once again!
Today I am going to share a pilaff preparation which is light on spices and takes less time to get prepared. I came across this beautiful recipe in a recipe book by Martha Day. I have tried to re create it with few variations. I would suggest you to try this recipe for once as I believe that you would definitely like it.
So, lets start with the recipe to make Egg Omelette Peanut Pilaff.
Basmati rice 2 cups
Chicken / vegetable stock 4 cups
Roasted peanut ¼ cup
Onion ½ cup finely chopped
Garlic 3 or 4 cloves finely chopped
Capsicum diced to small pieces ¼ cup
Red bell pepper diced to small pieces ¼ cup
Yellow bell pepper diced to small pieces ¼ cup
Black pepper coarsely crushed 1 tbsp + 1 tsp or as per taste
Soya sauce ½ tbsp
Salt as per taste
Sunflower oil 2 tbsp + 4 or 5 tsp
- Wash clean the rice and soak in water for 20 to 30 minutes. Then, strain out and let it dry for some time
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a deep bottom cooking vessel at medium high flames. Once the oil is hot, add the garlic and saute for few seconds
- Then, add onion, red, yellow and green bell peppers and stir fry the veggies for about 2 minutes or until crunchy but not fully cooked
- Next, add rice and stir and mix with the veggies. Stir and fry the rice for ½ a minute and then add the stock, salt and 1 tbsp crushed black pepper and give it a good mix. Increase the flames to maximum
- Cook the rice uncovered at maximum flames until the stock starts boiling
- Once the stock starts boiling, give it one gentle stir and cover. Reduce the flames to minimum and cook the rice covered for 8 to 10 minutes or until no extra liquid is seen in top
- While the rice is getting cooked, heat a frying pan at medium flames and add 2 tsp oil and spread it all over the pan
- Break 2 or 3 eggs in a bowl at a time, depending upon the size of your frying pan. Add salt as per your taste and ¼ tsp of black pepper and beat to make it smooth
- Add the eggs to the frying pan and tilt the pan slightly from all sides such that the egg evenly spread throughout the pan to form a thin omelette and fry from both sides by flipping it
- Take out the omelette on a flat surface and roll it out. Cut the omelette roll to 1 and ½” pieces
- Same way, fry the other omelette and make omelette roll pieces and keep ready
- now, check the rice. Once the extra liquid is soaked in, add the soya sauce, peanuts and give it a light mix
- cover and cook at minimum flames for 2 to 3 minutes and then switch off the flames. . Add the omelette roll pieces to the rice and gently mix such that the roll is in tact
- Take out the rice in a serving plate and then serve hot along with some kebab or tikka. Enjoy egg omelette peanut pilaff with family and friends.