Hello my dear friends and fellows! Welcome back to my space Dish of Delight once again!
Hope you all are enjoying winters well. I wish you all a very happy and successful new year ahead.
So friends, today I am sharing my new year’s first recipe. Cheesy chicken buns are buns with chicken and cheese filling but the difference in these buns are that, these are made without using yeast. I have used cheese slice in the filling instead of grated cheese. You can use grated mozzarella and parmesan cheese in the filling. The measurement of the ingredients given here are for making 4 buns.
So lets go through the detailed recipe for making Cheesy chicken buns.
For making bun dough:
All purpose flour/Maida 1 cup
Curd ½ cup
Baking powder 1 tsp
Baking soda 1/4th tsp
Salt as per taste
Oil 1 tbsp
For making chicken filling:
Minced chicken 250g
Onion chopped 1 medium
Chopped ginger n garlic 1 tbsp
Green chillies chopped 2
Fresh coriander leaves chopped about 2 tbsp
Black pepper powder ½ tsp
Salt as per taste
Butter 1 tbsp
Butter 1 tbsp melted
Cheese slice 4
Here 1 cup = 250 ml, 1 tbsp = 14.8 ml, 1 tsp = 5 ml
- Take all the dry ingredients, under the heading ‘for making bun dough’, in a large mixing bowl and mix them
- Add curd and mix well. Roughly bind the flour with your hands.
- Now add the oil and again knead the dough to a semi smooth texture. Cover the dough and rest it for about ½ an hour
- While the dough rests, prepare the chicken filling
- Place a pan or kadhai at medium high flames and add 1 tbsp butter into it
- Add the chopped ginger garlic and saute for few seconds
- Add the chopped green chillies and saute for few seconds
- Then, add the chopped onion and saute until the onion turns translucent but do not let it turn brown
- At this stage add the chicken and stir and cook for about a minute at high heat
- Then, reduce the flames to medium, add the salt and black pepper powder, and stir and mix well
- Cover and cook for about 2 minutes or until the chicken gets well cooked
- Remove cover and stir and cook at high heat, until all the juices released by the chicken have evaporated
- Now, add the chopped coriander leaves, mix well and switch off the flames
- Now, take the bun dough and knead it one more time until smooth, dust a little bit flour if required. Divide the dough into four equal parts
- Take one part of the dough at a time and flatten it with the help of your finger to give it a disc shape and place a cheese slice on it. The disc should be large enough to fit the cheese slice completely
- Place enough chicken filling, on top of the cheese slice, at the centre of the disc. Now bring the edges of the disc together and give it a bun shape.
- This way prepare all the buns and place them on a parchment paper lined baking tray. Maintain about an inch gap between the buns
- Brush the buns with melted butter and bake these in a preheated oven at 180°C for 30 minutes
- Cheesy chicken buns are ready to be served. Enjoy these with some mustard sauce and tomato ketchup.