Hello my dear friends and fellows! Welcome back to my space Dish of Delight once again!
The recipe that I am going to share today is very simple and a healthy snack recipe. Chaats are always favourite evening snacks for most of us. There are variety of chaats sold by the street side vendors in various parts of our country. However, some people are reluctant to have chaats from these vendors owing to hygiene issue. So, I am sharing a very simple Dahi Aloo Chaat recipe which is easy to make and wonderful in taste. The tamarind chutney used in this dish is the main taste enhancer of the chaat. I will share the recipe of this tamarind chutney in my later posts.
So, lets go through the recipe for making Dahi Aloo Chaat.
Potatoes 2 large
Dried yellow peas ½ cup, washed and soaked overnight
Dried Bengal gram ½ cup, washed and soaked overnight
Curd 1 cup
Onion 1 medium, chopped
Green chillies 2 or 3, chopped (optional)
Dry red chilli 4 or 5
Cumin seeds 2 tbsp
Black pepper powder ½ tsp
Chaat masala 1 tsp
Black salt as per taste
Bhujia as required
Tamarind chutni as required
- Pressure cook the potatoes, yellow peas and Bengal gram together with 1 and ½ cup water and a little bit of salt at high flame to 2 whistles and then release pressure
- Now either cut the potatoes into small cubes or cut into small slices and keep aside
- Roast the dry red chillies and the cumin seeds together and then grind them to a fine powder and keep aside
- Take a large mixing bowl and add the curd into it. Now whisk the curd to a smooth texture
- Into this add the black pepper powder, chaat masala, 1 and ½ tbsp of the prepared red chilli cumin powder, black salt and mix well
- Now add the cooked lentils, potatoes, onion, green chilli and mix all the ingredients very well
- serve the dahi aloo chaat in small bowls and spread enough tamarind chutney, and bhujia on top of it
- Enjoy this healthy Dahi Aloo Chaat with your family and friends.