Hello my dear friends and fellows! Welcome back to my space Dish Of Delight once again!
Vermicelli pudding or Sevai kheer or Shimui er payesh, with whichever name you may choose to call it, is a mouthwatering dessert quite popular in the Indian subcontinent. It is a dessert which is too easy to make. Preparation of this delicious dessert requires only few ingredients and minimum labor.
So, lets quickly take a look at the recipe for making Vermicelli Pudding or Shimui er Payesh.
Milk 1 litre
Vermicelli/sevai/shimui 200 gm
Bay leaf 1
Cardamom 4 or 5 crushed or ½ tsp powdered
Sugar as per taste
Ghee 1 tbsp
• Heat ghee in a kadhai at medium low flames. Once heated, add the vermicelli and roast it until it turns dark golden in colour
• Once roasted, transfer the vermicelli to a plate or tray
• Add milk to the kadhai and bring it to a boil at medium high flames.
• Once the milk starts boiling, reduce the flames to medium low and add bay leaf and cardamom. Stir well
• Keep on boiling the milk until it gets reduced to ½ of its original volume with occasional stirring.
• Once the milk has reduced, add the roasted vermicelli and stir and mix well with the milk. Cook it for about 5 minutes or until the vermicelli gets cooked
• After 5 minutes add sugar and stir and mix well. Cook for another 2 minutes or until the sugar melts.
• After 2 minutes switch off the flames. Vermicelli pudding or Shimui er payesh is ready to be served. Serve it warm and enjoy.