Hello my dear friends and fellows! Welcome back to my space Dish Of Delight once again!
Buns are a favorite tea time snacks of many of us. Today I have prepared some buns to compliment our evening tea. It is very easy to make, only thing we have to be careful about is, with the measurements of the ingredients and the texture of the dough. I have used Eno in place of dry yeast for making the buns for the first time and the result was excellent perfectly baked buns. So, I would suggest you to try out the recipe for once and am sure that you will love them. To make the Buns more interesting especially for my child, I have put some chocolate in the core of the buns.
So, lets quickly take a look at the recipe for Chocolate Core Buns.
All purpose flour or Maida 1 cup measuring 400 ml
Chocolate chopped or broken to small pieces or chocolate chips, as per need
Milk about 1 tbsp
Curd 3 tbsp
Eno 1 and ½ tsp
Sugar powder 1 and ½ tsp
Salt ½ tsp + 3 to 4 tbsp
Oil 3 tbsp
• Sieve and take the Flour in a mixing bowl. Into it add ½ tsp salt, powder sugar, Eno, curd and mix well
• Now add water little by little and knead the flour for about 10 to 12 minutes to make a tight dough
• Next, add oil and again knead the dough for another 7 to 10 minutes. Your final resulting dough should have become very soft by this time
• Grease a small baking tray with some oil and keep ready
• Now divide the dough into 5 or 6 equal portions as per your choice.
• Take 1 portion of dough at a time and give it a spherical shape by rolling it between your palms.
• Make a small hole in the centre of the dough ball and put sufficient amount of chocolate into it. Seal the hole and again roll it back to a spherical shape and place it on the oil greased tray
• Follow the same process for all the portions of dough and place them on the tray
• Now take a heavy bottomed cooking vessel with cover and pre heat it at minimum flames for about 5 minutes
• After five minutes, add the remaining salt to the vessel and spread evenly. Place a small stand if available or any small steel lid of a container at the centre of the vessel, and place the tray on it
• Brush some milk on the buns and then cover
• Bake the buns at minimum flames for 40 to 45 minutes. After the baking is done allow these to cool down a little and then take them out in a tray or plate
• Chocolate Core Buns are ready to be served. Top it with some hot chocolate sauce and enjoy.