Hello my dear friends and fellows! Welcome back to my space Dish Of Delight once again!
Dal is a compulsory side dish included in everyday meal at my house. Be it masoor dal, moong dal, matar dal, chana dal, urad dal, toor dal, etc. Most of the time I cook dal along with some veggies. So, Today I am sharing the recipe for mixed vegetable moong dal.
This delicious dal could be taken with rice or roti but I generally prefer it with rice. Let’s take a look at the recipe for mixed vegetable moong dal.
Moong dal 1 cup of cup size 120 ml
Cauliflower small sized florets 1 cup
Carrot cut into small cubes ½ cup
Beans cut into small pieces ½ cup
Green peas ½ cup
Ginger paste ½ tbsp
Green chilli paste ½ tbsp
Turmeric powder 1 tsp
Bay leaf 1
Dry red chilli 1
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Sugar as per taste
Ghee ½ tbsp
Oil 2 + 1 tbsp
• Dry roast the moong dal at medium flames until it turns light golden brown in colour
• Wash the roasted dal and pressure cook it along with 3 cups of water and salt to 1 whistle at medium flames and keep aside
• Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a frying pan at medium high flames. Once heated, add the veggies except the green peas and fry for about 2 minutes or until their colour changes a little
• Now strain out the fried veggies from excess oil and add these to the pressure cooker containing the cooked dal, add the green peas and mix well. Pressure cook all the ingredients one more time to 1 whistle at high flames and then switch off the flames and release pressure
• Open the cover of the cooker, add turmeric powder and sugar and mix well. Place the cooker on oven at medium high flames and add 1 and ½ cup of warm water. Stir well and bring the dal to a boil.
• Let the dal boil for a minute and then switch off the flames and keep aside.
• Add the remaining oil in a kadhai and place it on medium flames. Once the oil gets heated well, temper it with the whole spices.
• Then add the ginger paste and green chilli paste along with 1 tbsp of warm water and stir and roast the spices until its raw smell disappears and oil starts separating.
• At this stage empty all the content of the pressure cooker into the kadhai and stir well. Bring the dal to a boil by increasing the flames to maximum.
• Once the dal starts boiling, reduce the flames to medium and cover and cook for ½ a minute
• After ½ a minute, open cover and check the salt and sugar and adjust if required. Then add the ghee and stir and mix well. Cover the dal and switch off the flames.
• Let the dal rest for a minute. Your mixed vegetable moong dal is ready to be served.