Hello my dear friends and fellows! Welcome back to my space Dish Of Delight once again!
Aloo kabli is a popular potato chaat sold by street side vendors in Bengal. I love this chaat and really miss it sitting back in Bangalore. So, yesterday I thought of making it at home and enjoyed Bengal in Bangalore.
So let’s go through the simple recipe to make aloo kabli.
Potato 1 large, pressure cooked to 4 whistles at high flames
Bengal gram 1/4th cup, soaked overnight
Dried yellow peas 1/4th cup, soaked overnight
Panipuri shells 4 or 5
Onion 1 small sliced
Green chillies 2 or 3 chopped
Tamarind pulp 1/4th cup, soaked for an hour in 1/4th cup water
Dry red chilli 2 or 3
Cumin seeds 1 tsp heaped
Salt as per taste
Black salt 1 tsp
• Dice the potato to small thin pieces
• Pressure cook the bengal gram and dry yellow peas to 1 whistle at high flames
• Dry roast the red chillies and cumin seeds together at low flames for about a minute and let them cool down. Once cooled, grind them to a fine powder
• Squeeze and mix the tamarind pulp with the soaked in water and then strain the tamarind water through a strainer and keep aside
• Now in a mixing bowl, take the diced potatoes, boiled Bengal gram and yellow peas, sliced onion, chopped green chillies, 1 tsp of the chilli cumin powder, a little bit of salt, black salt and mix all the ingredients well
• Then add the tamarind water as per your taste and again give a good mix
• Aloo kabli is ready to be served. Serve it in small bowls, break and add the panipuri shells on top of the chaat and enjoy.