Hello friends! Welcome back to my space Dish Of Delight once again!
Dhaniya murgh is quite a popular Indian dish in which the chicken is cooked in a gravy of coriander leaves paste. However, cooks have cooked it in various ways following their own recipe. So, today I am going to share my way of preparing this dish. Hope you will like it.
Let’s go through the main recipe.
Chicken 600 gm cut into medium pieces
Fresh coriander leaves a hand full
Onion 2 medium sized sliced
Green chillies 3 or 4
Ginger paste 1/2 tbsp
Garlic 4 or 5 cloves crushed
Turmeric powder 1/4th tsp
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Coriander powder 1 and 1/2 tsp
Kasuri methi powder 1 tsp
Dry red chilli 1
Cinnamon 1″ stick
Cardamom 3 or 4
Cloves 3 or 4
Coriander seeds 1 and 1/2 tsp
Curd 2 tbsp
Fresh cream 1/2 tbsp
Salt as per taste
Oil 3 tbsp
- Marinate the chicken with curd, ginger paste, crushed garlic, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt and refrigerate for minimum 6 hrs or overnight.
- Grind the coriander leaves along with green chillies and a little bit of water to make a fine paste
- Heat oil in a kadhai at medium high flames. Once heated temper it with the whole spices
- Add the onion slices and fry these until they turn golden in colour but not brown.
- Add the marinated chicken and stir and cook for about a minute
- Now cover and cook at medium high flames until the chicken leaves it’s moisture
- Once the chicken leaves it’s juices, open cover and cook until most of the juices have evaporated, with occasional stirring
- add coriander powder and mix well. Stir and cook until oil starts leaving the spices
- At this stage, add the prepared coriander leaves paste and mix well. Stir and cook for a minute and then add about 1/2 a cup of warm water
- Once the gravy starts boiling, reduce the flames to minimum and cover and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes or until the chicken gets cooked well
- Remove cover and add the kasuri methi powder and stir and mix well
- Finally add the fresh cream, give a good mix and switch of the flames
- Cover and let the curry rest for a minute and then serve hot dhaniya murgh with any dish of your choice.