Hello friends! Welcome back to my space Dish Of Delight once again!
On Sundays I feel too lazy to spend much time in kitchen. So, I generally pick out some easy recipes which I can prepare quickly and enjoy most of the time with my family. So, today I am sharing a cabbage pakora recipe which takes less time to prepare but tastes delicious. So let’s checkout the recipe.
Shredded cabbage 2 cups
Sliced onion 1/2 cup
Chopped coriander leaves 1/2 cup
Chopped green chilli 4 or 5
Chopped ginger 1/2 tbsp
Gram flour or besan 5 tbsp
Rice flour 1 tbsp
Semolina or sooji or rava 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder 1/4th tsp
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Oil 6 tbsp
- In a mixing bowl, take all the ingredients except oil and mix well with your hands giving a little pressure such that the cabbage softens a little. Do not use water
- Rest it for 7 to 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, again mix the ingredients for some time with your hands
- heat the oil in a frying pan at medium high flames. Once the oil is heated, lower the flame to medium low
- now take a handful of the mixture and give it a round or oval shape and flatten a tittle and gently put it in the hot oil
- Shallow fry the pakoras from both sides untill these turns nice golden brown in colour. Do not fry the pakoras at high flames or else the upper layer will get burnt and the core will remain uncooked.
- once fried, transfer the pakoras to a serving plate and enjoy hot cabbage pakoras with hot tea or coffee.