Hello my dear friends and fellows! Welcome back to my space Dish Of Delight once again. I hope you all are enjoying Sunday with family and friends.
Today I am sharing a simple Bengali style egg curry recipe in which we first make egg omelettes and then use them as an ingredient in the curry. So let’s start with the recipe.
Potatoes 2 medium sized cut into 1” cubes
Onion 2 and 1/2 medium sized ( 1 finely chopped + 1 and 1/2 sliced )
Tomato 1 small chopped
Green chilli 3 or 4 chopped
Garlic 3 or 4 crushed
Ginger paste 1/2 tbsp
Green chilli paste 1/2 tbsp
Bay leaf 1
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/2 + 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Cumin powder 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Black pepper powder 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder 1 tsp
Salt as per your taste
Oil 2 tbsp + 6 tsp + 1 tbsp
- Divide the chopped onion and the chopped green chillies into 3 equal parts
- in a bowl, break and add 2 eggs, one part each of the chopped onion and green chillies, add a little salt and beat well
- now heat 2 tsp oil in a frying pan at medium flames. Once heated, add the beaten egg and fry the omelette. Make two folds to look like a flattened roll. Cut the omelette roll into halves and remove from the pan and keep aside in a plate. The omelette should not be over fried.
- this way make the egg omelettes taking 2 eggs at a time. So there should be a total of 6 half pieces of omelette. Once done keep the omelettes aside in a plate
- heat 1 tbsp of oil in a kadhai at medium high flames. Once heated, add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, mix with the oil and then add the potato cubes. Fry these untill they turns golden colour. Remove the fried potatoes from the kadhai and keep aside
- add the remaining oil in the same kadhai and once heated, temper it with the whole spices.
- add the sliced onion and fry untill it turns golden brown in colour.
- add the chopped tomatoes and stir and cook untill the tomatoes turn mushy
- now add ginger paste, crushed garlic, green chilli paste and sauté the spices untill their raw smell disappears
- then, add all the powder spices except the garam masala, salt as per your taste, about 1 or 2 tbsp of warm water and sauté and roast the all spices untill oil starts separating from them
- at this stage add the fried potatoes and stir and mix well with the roasting spices. Keep roasting for one more minute
- then add 1 and 1/2 cups of hot water and stir and mix well. Bring it to a boil
- now reduce the flames to medium low and cover and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes
- remove cover and give a good stir. Check and adjust the salt in the curry.
- then add omelettes in the curry in a single layer. Do not stir. Reduce the flames to minimum and cover and let cook for 1/2 a minute
- remove cover, gently flip the omelettes to the other side, spread the garam masala powder all over the curry and cover again.
- Switch off the flames and let the curry rest for some time and then serve hot with steamed rice or roti or any dish of your choice.