Hello friends! Welcome back to my space Dish Of Delight once again.
My daughter is very much fond of soups, noodles and soupy noodles. So, instead of purchasing the ready to cook packs of soups or soup noodles, I prefer to prepare it at home for her. Though it’s an easy process of just adding water and cooking for 2 or 3 minutes, yet investing a little more time in fully preparing it at home, gives me the satisfaction of my child’s healthy eating.
So, today I am sharing the recipe of my baby’s favourite, hot n sour soup noodles.
Noodles 1/2 cup ( I prefer egg noodles but for my vegetarians friends, I would suggest the plain atta noodles)
Egg 1 optional
Garlic 3 or 4 cloves minced
Onion 1/2 medium sized finely chopped
Carrots finely chopped 2 tbsp
French beans finely chopped 2 tbsp
Green peas 1/4th of a cup
Cabbage finely shredded 2 tbsp or 1/4th cup
Vegetable stock 1 and 1/2 cups
Soya sauce 1/2 tbsp
Cooking vinegar 2 tsp
Black pepper powder 2 tsp
Corn starch 1 tbsp
Salt as per taste
Oil 2 or 3 tsp
- Heat oil in a kadhai or wok at medium high flames. Once heated, add the garlic and sauté for 3 to 4 seconds
- add the chopped onion and stir and cook for 1/2 a minute
- add the other chopped veggies and stir, mix and cook for 2 to 3 minutes at this heat
- add salt and pepper and mix well
- add the soya sauce, stir and mix well for 1/2 a minute
- add vinegar, mix well and then add the vegetable stock. Bring it to a boil
- now, add the noodles mix well and cover and cook for 4 to 6 minutes at medium low flames
- while the noodles is getting cooked, in a small bowl, take the corn starch, add 1 and 1/2 tbsp water and mix well. In another bowl, break and add the egg and beat well. Keep both of this ready
- open cover of the cooking soup noodles, stir well and slowly add the egg by light stirring
- finally, add the corn starch with constant stirring. Once the soup thickens switch off the flames.
- hot and sour soup noodles is ready to be served.