Hello friends! Welcome back to my space Dish Of Delight.
We crave for special snacks during the weekend evenings. So today, I thought of making egg rolls as Sunday evening delight. These are the popular street side snacks of Bengal and most sought after ones. Let’s go through the recipe of the Bengali egg roll.
Refined flour or maida 5 tbsp
Wheat flour or atta 3 tbsp
Onions 2 medium sized sliced
Cucumber 1 medium chopped
Green chillies 4 or 5 chopped
Salt 1/2 + as per taste
Tomato sauce as per need
Chilli sauce as per need
Mustard sauce as per need
Oil 1 tbsp + enough for frying the paranthas
- In a mixing bowl, take maida, atta, 1/2 tsp salt and mix well. Then add 1 tbsp oil and rub well with the flour and mix.
- Then add normal water little by little with continuous mixing and knead it to a semi soft dough
- Pat some oil on top of the dough and cover and rest it for about 15 to 20 minutes
- Now take the dough and knead it again for few seconds. Divide the dough into 4 equal parts
- Take each part and roll it into paranthas. The paranthas should neither be too thin nor too thick. Take the help of some dry flour if required
- Now heat a non stick tawa at medium high flames. Once the tawa gets heated enough, half cook the paranthas one at a time from both sides without oil. This time the parantha’s colour should not change
- This way cook all the paranthas and keep aside
- In the same tawa, heat one tsp of oil. Beat an egg with a pinch of salt and put it in the tawa. Tilt the tawa from all sides a little so that the egg gets spread evenly.
- Now place one paranthas on top of the egg and press a little with the spatula. Brush some oil on the upper part of the parantha and flip it. Let it fry from the other side till light brown spots appear
- Remove the egg layered parantha from the tawa and in the same way prepare all the other four paranthas
- Now take one egg layered parantha at a time with the side having the egg layer facing up. Place some chopped cucumber, some chopped green chillies, some sliced onion, all the three sauces on half part of the parantha and start rolling from the part containing the filling
- Wrap the roll with a parchment paper and your egg roll is ready. This way make all the 4 rolls and serve hot.