Hey there! Hope all of you are doing well. Today I am sharing a healthy vegetable stew recipe especially for my vegetarian friends. These healthy stews are storehouse of nutrition. It has great health benefits to the people of all age, from toddlers to the aged ones . It can also be taken as a wholesome meal option for them who are following a diet regimen.
Vegetable stock 3 cups
Carrot 1 medium sized, cut into cubes
Cauliflower florets 1 cup
Mushroom sliced, 1 cup
Potato 1 medium sized, cut into cubes
Green peas 1/2 cup
Onion 1 medium, chopped to a bit larger pieces
Garlic 4 or 5 cloves finely chopped
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Black pepper powder 2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Milk 3/4th of a cup
Oil 2 tsp
You can also use other vegetables like broccoli, baby corn, zucchini or spinach leaves for your vegetable stew. It’s totally your choice.
- heat oil in a kadhai at medium high flames. Add the chopped garlic and sauté for few seconds
- add onion and all the other vegetables except green peas, stir and fry them for 2 to 3 minutes
- add the turmeric powder, 1 tsp black pepper powder, salt and mix well with the vegetable
- add the vegetable stock, green peas and stir well. Reduce the flames to medium low and cover and cook untill the vegetables are cooked. Do not over cook the veggies
- open cover and add the milk. Once the stew starts boiling, switch off the flames and add the remaining black pepper powder, mix well and serve hot.