Today I am sharing the recipe of another Bengali delicacy called shorshe chingri. This is a very simple recipe where prawns are cooked in a gravy of mustard seeds paste. An awesome dish prepared, investing least effort and time.
Prawns 250 gm, de shelled and cleaned
Onion 1 small, thinly sliced
White mustard seeds 1 tbsp
Black mustard seeds 1 tbsp
Green chilli 2 + 3
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Mustard oil 1 + 1 tbsp
- take both the mustard seeds, 2 green chillies, 1 and 1/2 tbsp of warm water, in a grinder and grind them to a fine smooth paste
- in a mixing bowl, take the mustard paste, sliced onion, turmeric powder, salt, 1 tbsp mustard oil and the prawns and mix all the ingredients well.
- Place a kadhai at low flames and transfer all the contents of the mixing bowl into the kadhai along with 1/4th cup water. Give it a light mix and cover and cook the prawns at minimum flames for about 7 minutes
- after 7 minutes, open the cover, break and add the remaining green chillies, spread the remaining mustard oil all over the gravy and again cover and cook at minimum flames for another 2 to 3 minutes and then switch off the flames
- shorshe chingri is ready to be served.