Who would not want to enjoy these cold evenings, munching on a hot crisp snacks, along with a long sip of steaming hot tea or coffee! Yes I guess hardly any. So, today I am sharing a quick and easy to make, snacks recipe. Though easy, it’s taste is such, that it will make you forget about your whole days hardship!
Potato 3 large, grated and soaked in chilling cold water along with a tsp of salt for about an hour
Mozzarella cheese cut into cubes
All purpose flour about 2 tbsp
Black pepper powder 1 tsp
Red chilli powder 1/2 tsp
Chat masala 1 tsp
Italian seasoning 1 tbsp
Salt as per taste
Oil 2 tsp + enough for deep frying the potato balls
- squeeze out the water from the grated potatoes as much as you can and transfer them into a mixing bowl.
- into it, add the all purpose flour, black pepper powder, red chilli powder, chat masala, Italian seasoning, 2 tsp oil and salt and mix well to form an even mixture. Be careful while adding salt as, you have already used some salt while soaking the potatoes
- Now take a small portion of this mixture and roll it between your palms to form a ball. Make a small hole in the centre of the ball and place a cheese cube in it. Now close the hole and again roll it between your palms to form the potato ball.
- this way make balls with all the mixture. Heat enough oil in a pan at medium high flames, once hot, drop in the potato balls and fry them from all sides untill they turn golden brown in colour.
- remove the balls from the pan and transfer them into a plate. Serve the hot crispy potato balls with some tomato ketchup and enjoy these along with a hot cup of tea or coffee.