This chicken item can be served as a starter. It can also be included in the main course, as a side dish and can be paired with rumali roti, roti, paranthas or also with noodles and fried rice.
Chicken 600 gm medium pieces
Onion 3 medium, sliced
Green chilli 5 or 6, chopped
Ginger 1/2 tbsp paste + 1/2 tbsp finely chopped
Garlic 1/2 tbsp paste + 1/2 tbsp finely chopped
Kashmiri red chilli powder 1/2 + 1/2 tbsp
Black pepper powder 1+ 1 tsp
Corn flour 1 + 1 tbsp
Soya sauce 1 tbsp
Chilli sauce 1 tbsp
Tomato sauce 1 tbsp
Salt as per taste
Oil 6 tbsp
- Take the chicken pieces in a mixing bowl, into it, add 1/2 tbsp each of ginger garlic paste, 1/2 tbsp Kashmiri red chilli powder, 1 tsp black pepper powder, salt as per your taste, break and add the egg and mix well all the ingredients. Allow it to rest for 15 to 20 minutes
- Now heat the oil in a kadhai or wok at medium high flames. While the oil is getting heated, add 1 tbsp of corn flour to the chicken marinade and mix well. Now add the chicken pieces one by one into the hot oil and fry from all sides till they turn into golden brown colour. Do not over crowd the chicken while frying. Fry the chicken in batches if required
- Remove the fried chicken pieces from the kadhai and keep aside. In the same kadhai, add the finely chopped ginger and garlic in the remaining oil and sauté for few seconds.
- Then, add the onion slices and chopped green chillies and stir and fry them at same heat for about 3 to 4 minutes but do not let the onions turn brown or become too soft.
- Then add the left over marinate if any, and stir and mix well. Add a little salt and remaining black pepper powder and mix well. While adding salt keep in mind that you have also added salt in marinating the chicken.
- then add the soya sauce and mix and stir for about a minute. In a small bowl, mix the chilli sauce, tomato sauce and about a tbsp of water, and add it to the kadhai. Mix and stir well for another minute
- add the fried chicken pieces to the kadhai and mix well with the gravy. Cover and cook for 1 minute. While the chicken is getting cooked, in a small bowl, take the remaining corn flour and add about 2 tbsp of water and mix well.
- After a minute, open the cover, stir well and add the corn flour mixture and mix well. Once the gravy becomes thick, switch of the flames.
- now fried chicken masala is ready to be served.