Refined flour or maida 6 tbsp
Kalonji or black cumin 1 tsp
Salt 1 tsp
Sugar 1/2 tsp
Black pepper powder 1 tsp optional
oil 1 and 1/2 tbsp + enough oil for deep frying the namkeens
- take all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well
- to this add 1 and 1/2 tbsp oil and rub it well with the dry mixture
- now add little by little water to the mixture and keep mixing and kneading the maida to form a dough. The dough should be little harder than the normal puri dough
- now brush some oil on the dough and cover and let it rest for about 15 to 20 minutes
- once the resting time is over, again knead the dough for few seconds.
- divide the dough into equal parts of size of your choice and roll them into a roti one by one. The rotis should neither be too thick nor too thin
- now with the help of a knife, cut the rotis to make small barfis out of them
- Now heat enough oil in a kadhai at medium high flames. Once hot, fry the namkeens part by part untill they turns light brown. Do not overcrowd the namkeens while frying.
- adjust the flames from medium high to medium low as per need or the namkeens will either be less fried or it may be burnt
- once all the namkeens are fried, let them cool down and enjoy as an evening snacks along with tea or coffee